Monday, January 24, 2011

january twenty-fourth

Five for January 24th:

Bocce. We weasled our way into the Italia-America bocce club on the hill with Mary and Keith on Friday night for a few rounds of indoor bocce. Cool place, but the smooth floor makes for a completely different experience than playing at Milo’s.

Gym membership. Signed up for one over the weekend. Planning on doing 3-5 miles on the treadmill 3 nights a week after work to start off. Tired of feeling like a sloth in the winter.

Free guitar. One perk of working for a guitar company is getting free production samples from China. This morning there was a Les Paul copy sitting on my desk, compliments of Chris. Thanks! I don’t really need another guitar, but there’s no passing that up.

Edamame. Our new go-to snack is steam-in-the-bag edamame. Hopefully we don’t burn out on it too fast.

Misery Obscura. Eerie Von’s new photo book of rare Misfits, Samhain, and Danzig pictures and stories is without doubt one of the coolest things ever. A must-have for any fan of the aforementioned bands. I would’ve shat myself sideways if I’d had this book when I was 18.

No comments: