Thursday, January 27, 2011

january twenty-seventh

Five for January 27th:

Gym. I’ve gone the past 3 nights, and it’s awesome. Going directly after work is the best way to get it done.

Injuries. Things that I have cut my fingers on in the last 2 months: pocket knife, staples, cat claws, wooden packing crate. I need to start wearing metal gloves.

Practice. Hopefully I can remember to bring my cymbals and wear sensible shoes this time. This evening will also be Seth’s first practice with his new amp, which is actually the first guitar amp he has ever owned. So far in Blind Eyes, he has used amps belonging to Kevin and I exclusively.

Show poster. There’s a new Ted Leo poster floating around out there with our name on it. I’m just the show is still happening. May 8 at Off Broadway, dudes.

Driving like idiots. Is there no end to it? I don’t understand how it’s possible that fully-grown adults can’t grasp concepts like going the speed limit, signaling turns, and accelerating when the light turns green. The trip down Skinker this morning was maddening, I tell you.

No comments: