Thursday, February 24, 2011

february twenty-fourth

Five for February 24th:

Cool stuff. I scored big yesterday: Scott hooked me up with a prototype Paiste cymbal that I’d had my eye on for a long time, and my mom got me an amazing book about Gaslight Square that is apparently out of print. Thanks to both!

Practice. It’ll be good to get back behind the drums tonight after a sort-of day off last week to finish mixing the album.

Hanging out. Good times kicking it with both my mom and Scott/Laurel last night. Laurel’s custom shop telecaster is insane and Scott’s red Vistalites- the first set I’ve ever really played- sound killer. Also, Scott turned me on to some new music that I’m really digging.

Dog parade. The only reason to venture into Soulard anytime around Mardi Gras is the yearly dog parade, which is fun and awesome. Hopefully we’ll make it down there on Sunday to check it out. Next year, we’ll have a dog to bring along.

Freestyle bike. I saw a vintage Haro on Craigslist the other day that I really want. The seller hasn’t gotten back to me, but the posting is still up. I did low-ball a bit, admittedly, but it’s not worth what he’s asking. Guess we'll see what happens.

No comments: