Monday, March 28, 2011

march twenty-eighth

Five for March 28th:

Saturday. It got off to a good start with breakfast pizza and bloody marys and Benton Park Café, but quickly got demoralizing with the onset of a bunch of snow. Still, it was fun walking Henry in it. We got out of the house and met up with friends at Bleeding Deacon in the evening for drinks.

Sunday. The snow melted away by noon, and even though it was still somewhat chilly, I got to go ride my bike a bit while Lisa worked. I still can’t land that new trick, but I’m getting close. Also, we went to Einstein’s for breakfast and I forgot how superior their bagels are to most other chains. I also forgot how insanely expensive that place is.

Groceries. We went a bit overboard hungry-shopping for food yesterday, but it was necessary. Our cubboards were bare. Notable purchases include olive medley from the antipasto bar and bag of white-chocolate covered pretzels.

An Education. Pretty good movie, but I was kinda disappointed with the somewhat anticlimactic ending. It had potential to be much better. Visually, though, it was top-notch and does a good job of making you wish you lived in London in the early sixties.

New Orleans. Our trip there is coming right up. So much stuff to wrap up before we go, but I really can’t wait to check that city out. It’ll be my first time there. I’m sure it’ll be a blast.

No comments: