Tuesday, March 29, 2011

march twenty-ninth

Five for March 29th:

New Orleans trip. Tomorrow we head south toward the sunnier and warmer climes of New Orleans. No blogging for Wednesday, but I’ll try to do a couple on NOLA themed updates on Thursday and Friday. Thanks to Josh for watching the pad and cats while we’re gone, and Mary and Keith for Henrysitting.

Escape From New York. Watched it last night for the first time in forever. That movie is still totally awesome and visually stunning, albeit a bit on the cheesy side. The cast cannot be touched, and the scenes that were filmed in St. Louis make me grin.

Loufest. The 2011 lineup was announced this morning, and it’s pretty awesome. Definitely more on the indie side and less on the twangy side this year, which is awesome. The only band I’m super stoked on is the Roots, but all in all a totally solid lineup. Hats off.

Cold weather. It’s cold outside. Like, very cold. It’s bumming me out. My hands were frozen this morning after walking Henry. Spring: I want you back.

Bocce. Tonight is the first night of bocce at Milo’s, although I doubt we’ll be attending as we have a ton of stuff to do to get ready to go out of town. Still, Tuesday nights on the patio at Milo’s mean nice weather is coming. I can dig it.

No comments: