Friday, April 15, 2011

april fifteenth

Five for April 15th:

Being an adult. Some days I really hate it. Today is one of those days. I just had to spend all morning at city hall dealing with personal property tax reciepts. Give me back the days where my biggest problem was whether to eat Captain Crunch or Apple Jacks for breakfast, or making sure I got home from school in time to watch Rad on TV.

Henry. Progress report: Henry appears to be fully housetrained at this point. He apparently hates the rain, as evidenced by this morning’s attempted walk. And finally, he likes to take cat poop out of the litter box, which is a habit we need to break him of.

Chicory coffee. We thought we’d be all about it at home, but we’re not. It’s too bitter when not served with beignets, as was the case in New Orleans. Back to Kaldi’s.

Weekend. Glad it’s here. Looking forward to sleeping in, hanging out, seeing bands, walking the dog, and playing a rock show on Sunday for Record Store Day. Basically, looking forward to not being at work.

Jumbo Dairugger XV. As a former full-time and sometimes-still Japanese toy collector, this is something I have been waiting for for a long time. You may remember him as "Vehicle Voltron". It’s finally out, and I want one. Unashamedly.

No comments: