Tuesday, April 12, 2011

april twelfth

Five for April 12th:

New Bomb Turks. At one time this was my favorite band on the planet. While I don’t listen to them much anymore, I’m rocking "The Big Combo" this morning. Probably my overall favorite NBT release, even though it might actually be a bootleg. Reminds me of being 24.

Emissions test. My car is due for new plates in May and I have to get an emissions test this week. I’m glad the drive-through places can do them now, because going to those old testing stations was a massive waste of time.

British Virgin Islands. Our summer vacation plans are really coming together nicely. It’s hard to believe this will be my first trip out of the United States. It definitely will not be my last.

KDHX Hi-Fi trivia night. We’ll be playing with a big group of friends on the 28th, with the proceeds benefitting KDHX. I am sort of hit or miss with trivia nights, but they’re always fun. We have a pretty solid team, though, so I’m suspecting we’ll do alright.

Homemade ice cream. Lisa made some sort of concoction last night that consisted solely of frozen bananas, pecans, and almond milk blended together. It ruled.

No comments: