Friday, April 29, 2011

april twenty-ninth

Five for April 29th:

KDHX trivia night. We tied for first place, but lost in the tie breaker. Hell, we did a lot better than I was expecting to by a long shot, and we had an awesome time. It was a little strange going to a trivia night that you couldn’t bring food to, though.

Weekend. Very much looking forward to not working the next couple of days. Not exactly sure what’s going on, but the weather should be pretty nice, so I’m sure we’ll be spending as much time outside as possible.

Weak priorities. I have to say, while I guess I understand the appeal of the royal wedding, I find it somewhat disturbing that every major TV news outlet was covering it and nothing else this morning, literally the day after hundreds of Americans lost their lives and cities to tornadoes. Massive fail.

Mini tour. Hitting the road with the band next weekend for a couple of shows in Ohio, then driving back to play with Ted Leo at Off Broadway on Sunday. It’s been a long time since the last band road trip, so needless to say, it should be fun.

Speakers. Finally got some (albeit crappy) speakers hooked up to my PC at work, so I can stream audio and listen to something other than my iPod. It’s like a whole new world.

No comments: