Wednesday, April 27, 2011

april twenty-seventh

Five for April 27th:

Skateboard design. The functional superiority of current vs. old style deck designs can’t be overstated. While I’ll always love the decks I grew up with, there is good a reason behind the evolution to what they are today. In case you can’t tell, I skated a lot yesterday.

Obama’s birth certificate. Here it is. Can we move on to some actual issues now? Oh, and to the people that say that a "certificate of live birth" is not the same as a birth certificate: MY birth certificate is a "certificate of live birth", and I was born at Missouri Baptist. So get learned.

Walking the dog. Henry rules. Even as puppy- i.e. a non-stop ball of energy- he’s awesome. I can’t wait till he gets some of that out of his system, but still, it’s so great having him around. He’s my boy.

The Black Keys. I’ve given “Brothers” a ton of spins in the hope that it’d grow on me, but I don’t think that’s going to be the case with this one.

Giant Robot. Looks like their SF location in Haight is closing, which is a major bummer. Glad I got a chance to check it out while we were there. I hate seeing business that I support shutting stuff down.

No comments: