Tuesday, April 26, 2011

april twenty-sixth

Five for April 26th:

Sunshine. Could we finally be getting a break from the seemingly non-stop rain and storms of the past few days? I really hope so. My mood is being affected.

Trucks. Bought some Venture trucks (with wheels and bearings) off a dude on Craigslist yesterday for $30, so my new Santa Cruz is good to go. The bearings have seen better days, but will hopefully be good as new with some cleaning. The wheels will do for now, at least till Future Sk8 gets their roof re-attached.

Poly Styrene. While I never really got super into X-Ray Spex, and I always thought that “Oh Bondage, Up Yours” was one of the worst punk songs ever written, it’s still a huge bummer that Poly Styrene is dead. She was pretty rad and way ahead of her time.

Cool stuff I found online. A video of Rush trying to play “Tom Sawyer” on Rock Band, a photo series depicting San Francisco created out of 100,000 toothpicks, and Dads: The Original Hipsters.

Mi Ranchito. Didn’t have time to make lunch today, so shrimp soup it is. It’s always good to get out of the office.

No comments: