Tuesday, May 3, 2011

may third

Five for May 3rd:

Fake MLK quote. There was a quote circulating yesterday in the wake of OBL’s death attributed to Martin Luther King. I’ll admit, it was good- I took the bait. Turns out it was a fake, by none other than Penn Jillette of Penn & Teller fame. Well played, sir.

Platform. I saw a wood pallette with a smooth plywood top behind a dumpster yesterday while walking Henry that would make a perfect platform to practice ollie-to-manuals on. It looked brand new. Might go snake it tonight if it’s still there.

Sunshine. It’s here for the next couple of days, although they’re still talking about the possibility for frost overnight. Isn’t it May? Enough already.

Bocce. Hopefully we’ll make it out to Milo’s tonight for Tuesday night bocce and veggie pizza. I can’t remember why we didn’t go last week. Probably had to do with sitting on the couch or something.

Columbus. Looking forward to playing there this weekend, and redeeming myself for what was perhaps one of the shittiest shows I’ve ever played out of town back when I was in the GCs. It’s been a long time in the making.

No comments: