Wednesday, November 13, 2013

november thirteenth

Five for November 13th:

Seoul Taco. Their steak burrito with kimchi rice and “Seoul sauce” is among the best burritos I’ve ever had in my life, and the potstickers are cheap and awesome. The only downside is that the place is super small and table space is at a premium.

Down months. The 5 pm darkness is enough to put me in a rotten mood just by itself, but add sub-zero temperatures this early on? It’s everything I can do not to lose my mind. Already longing for next spring.

The Onion. Their print edition is coming to an end. I remember being in Chicago years ago and picking one up for the first time while getting coffee at Jinx. I’d never heard of it, and I was crying actual tears by the time I’d read through it because I was laughing so hard. Luckily, they’re still hitting it out of the park.

Cool stuff. Goofing with Jane, fresh stock of paper goods, rack of three-buck Chuck, breaking out the pea coat, slappy footage, Thanksgiving four-day weekend, hash browns.

Filmage. Exactly one month away. We shall achieve All.

No comments: