Thursday, November 21, 2013

november twenty-first

Five for November 21st:

Aldi rules. I’ll be the first to admit I’m a cheap bastard. I hardly ever buy brand-name anything, and I am always (always) looking for whatever the least-expensive version of something is. This article vindicates my unabashed love of Aldi. Live it.

Jim Thiebaud. I never thought I’d see the day, but hot on the heels of the Jim Thiebaud “superhero” deck, Real is reissuing the “hanging klansman”, which is a board I never thought I’d own. They’re cheap, the money goes to a good cause, and with only 250 being made, it’s a no-brainer. Also, Jim is a rad dude and my favorite Instagrammer.

Junk food overload. Yesterday was basically a glorified garbage binge. I need to take a few days off from eating anything other than broccoli and kale.

Cool stuff. Working on a new interview for RFT, Caballero “Dragon and Bats” setup, busting out the fake Frye boots, watching my daughter get smarter by the day, pumpkin yogurt, fuck George Bush.

Band practice. Soldiering on with NYE practice tonight as well as Sunday evening for our first joint practice with Middle Class Fashion. Somebody Tivo “Walking Dead” for me.

No comments: