Thursday, December 5, 2013

december fifth

Five for December 5th:

Arctic wasteland. Yesterday I was strolling around the Loop drinking iced coffee with my sleeves rolled up. Today I was outside scraping ice off my car. Oh well. It is December, after all.

Everything Will Be Forgotten. Spot-on article about the Kingshighway DIY park (and the people behind it) at Skate and Annoy. Also has a great video you should check out if you haven’t already.

IKEA. The speculation is over: STL is getting one, it was made it official yesterday. I don’t really get excited about big-box store openings, but the fact that it will be in STL proper (and not, say, Chesterfield Valley) is a great thing for the city. Will I be a regular there? Not likely. Will it be cool to have 5 minutes away? Absolutely.

Cool stuff. Donuts at work, Dengue Fever on Spotify, Jef Hartsel slappy edit, candy cane Oreos, free Anthrax poster, playing drums at home.

Winter weather must-haves. Waterproof gloves, insulated skullcap, pea coat, Doc Martens or equally grippy shoes/boots, ice scraper, windshield wiper fluid, rock salt.

No comments: