Thursday, December 19, 2013

december nineteenth

Five for December 19th:

Tea for one. I’ve been developing an undeniable preference for tea over coffee over the last month or so. I still love a cup of Joe first thing in the morning, but once I get to work it’s pretty much herbal/black tea all day. Will it last?

Est. ‘73. Two super interesting and cool segments on the history of NHS/Santa Cruz debuted on the Berrics site yesterday with more coming down the pike. I’m a total sucker for this type of thing. Check ‘em out here and here.

Hüsker Dü. Warehouse: Songs and Stories has been playing pretty much nonstop on Spotify the last day or so. It’s just one of those albums. Interesting fact: the band broke up after a show at the Blue Note in Columbia, MO on the support tour for this album.

Cool stuff. New issue of TransWorld Skateboarding, goofing off with Jane, Bottleworks, electric mug warmer, cheap 1/8-1/8 cables, warm weather, band practice tonight.

Kombi Campers. I had no idea that VW were still making these at all, but apparently they are. Unfortunately, not for much longer. The end of an era I assumed had already ended.

No comments: