Friday, January 10, 2014

january tenth

Five for January 10th:

City snow policies. I agree that something needs to change with regard to the city’s policies on plowing and salting side streets, but I don’t know if I agree that the outrage is strictly “millennial”-based. I’d say anyone who has to deal with their street being a treacherous sheet of packed ice four days after a snowfall is likely of the same opinion.

Garbage Pail Kids. Hot on the heels of their hit 1987 feature film, the GPKs are finally getting a much-deserved documentary, which I will definitely go see.

Henry. The ice dreadlocks hanging off his chest after letting him out to pee can only mean one thing: it’s time for a grooming appointment.

Cool stuff. Agenda tradeshow product review, Bread Co. bagels at work, Iron Maiden “Trooper” beer at Randall’s, payday, Dixon sticker sheet.

Weekend action. Good one coming up in mere hours. Annual RV show tomorrow with Lisa and Jane followed potentially by a skate session at Ramp Riders, Toy Show with Greg on Sunday and getting my BMX repaired. The icing on the cake? Temperatures in the mid-50’s, which will feel like summer after this past week.

No comments: