Friday, January 24, 2014

january twenty-fourth

Five for January 24th:

Winter blows. If social media is any sort of reliable indicator, then this is the most universally reviled winter in my lifetime. I’m glad to know I’m not alone.

Star Wars 7. I have absolutely no doubt that this will be another disappointing CGI crapfest that the world will ultimately wish was never made. I would like nothing more than to be proven wrong, but I ain't holding my breath.

Living like it’s 1951. I appreciate mid-century modern decor and style as much as anyone, but this is verging on insane. And not in a good way.

Cool stuff. Coffee cake, animal sounds with Jane, payday, vintage Macintosh collection in a STL basement, sweet deal on a Powell Ripper blem deck from Skateone, re-appropriating leftovers, full night of uninterrupted sleep.

Weekend action. Pretty mellow one coming up. Some skating on Saturday, and a potential trip to the Zoo on Sunday if the weather is nice, which it’s looking like it will be. Some other odds and ends sprinkled in there for good measure.

No comments: