Wednesday, January 22, 2014

january twenty-second

Five for January 22nd:

Lessons learned. Some strategically placed space heaters and steady dripping of lukewarm water from the faucets staved off another night of potentially frozen pipes. I want this winter to be executed by a firing squad.

Coffee snob. Someone accused me of coffee snobbery the other day because I don’t drink the shitty work coffee, and instead buy Starbucks vias to use at the office. I reminded that person that I was essentially drinking instant coffee, and that no real coffee snob would ever be caught doing that. However, I make no apologies for liking (and paying for) coffee that doesn’t taste like river water.

Vintage STL skate footage. Some video of Tom Penny and Rune Glifberg murdering the Firehouse ramp (here called Firestone for some reason) in the early 90’s surfaced yesterday. Who ever said vert died?

Cool stuff. Photos of NYC subways in the 70’s and 80’s, SoHa with Jane and Lisa, 100 year old Antarctica negatives, The Crowd mailing list, hitting the ‘Chit with Tom.

Tuesday tuneage: Wednesday edition. Black Sabbath, Dead Moon, Operation Ivy, Jawbreaker, Misfits, Embrace.

No comments: