Monday, February 3, 2014

february third

Five for February 3rd:

February sucks. Here we are. Kicking it off with what will no doubt be another brutal winter onslaught starting tomorrow. One step closer to getting it over with, I guess.

Pleasure in pain. It gives me great joy, for some reason, to go to a city’s online news site the day after their sports team gets decimated in a major event and read the articles by their unhappy columnists.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman. I don’t usually speak about the deaths of actors or people I don’t know or really care about, but I was bummed to hear about this one. PSH played some of my favorite roles in some of the best films of my lifetime. Such a waste.

Cool stuff. Saturday sesh at Ramp Riders, playing with Jane, new issue of Thrasher, brown pants, Elephant Brand 2 Year Edit, December eBay Watch, finally found my lost earbuds.

SFX. Given the limitless scope of what modern CGI technology is capable of, I think it's high time that Glomer be digitally added to vintage episodes of Punky Brewster for a special 30-year anniversary blu-ray retrospective box set. Give the people what they want.

No comments: