Thursday, February 13, 2014

february thirteenth

Five for February 13th:

The end of the line. My band is calling it quits after a good, long, fun seven-year run. We’ll be saying goodbye with one last show at Off Broadway. No drama or anything, just time to move on. If you ever wanted to see us but didn’t, or haven’t seen us in a long time and have been meaning to, here’s your last chance. Come out and party. Tix here. Good times guaranteed.

This morning. Came in to work to find a case of Newcastle sitting at my desk, and went to a meeting where we talked drums for 2014. Thursday is off to a decent start.

45 degrees. It’s going to feel balmy today. Of course it’s all right back downhill, with up to 3 inches of snow predicted for tomorrow. This winter needs to just stop.

Cool stuff. Dale Hansen, dinner quiche, evening Janey dance parties, Eagles of Death Metal on Spotify, classic Alphonzo Rawls H-Street clip, new issue of Transworld Skateboarding.

Running. I used to hate it in grade school. Now I love it, and am actually marginally good at it. Never in my wildest dreams as a fat kid that could barely run 100 yards did I imagine I’d be able to get on a treadmill and run 3 miles like it was nothing.

No comments: