Monday, March 17, 2014

march seventeenth

Five for March 17th:

Last show. Honestly could not have asked for a better final show for the band. Saturday was amazing. Jam-packed house, high energy, singing, dancing, two encores, free drinks, great weather, tons of friends. It was truly awesome. Pictures here, in case you missed it.

Playing music. What the future holds, I don’t really know, but I am excited for some time not having band commitments on my plate. If I play anything, at least for awhile, it’s going to have to be in the context of getting-together-to-jam sort of atmosphere with no expectations other than dork around and have fun.

Fish fry #2. Hit Epiphany for the second fish fry of the year. I forgot how clearly superior theirs is over Joan of Arc’s. Better fish, better mac & cheese, better sides, and also cheaper. Maybe St. Cecelia’s this Friday?

Cool stuff. My girls, friends in town, spring starts Thursday, portraits of metal musicians before they hated each other, Battlestar Galactica, popsicles, having a functional laptop, Psycho Stick bootleg, February eBay Watch.

Skating. Met up with Andy, Chris and Barry at Ramp Riders for a session yesterday following a week or so of self-imposed skate exile. Good times were had and Andy threw down some of the gnarliest lines I’ve ever seen.

No comments: