Tuesday, April 8, 2014

april eighth

Five for April 8th:

Home improvement. Chimney getting fixed this week, wrapping up the front steps once the rain stops (and I can figure out how to cut about an inch and some change off of a concrete block without chipping the thing in half), moving ahead with the driveway overhaul, pouring a back patio.

Jane. She’s starting to string together little three-word “sentences”, which to any non-parent probably sounds boring as hell but to me is the most amazing thing ever.

Being in a band. I don’t really miss it, which makes me think that our decision to call it a day was the right one. Granted, it hasn’t been long since our last show, and I still see those dudes as much as ever before. I’m sure I’ll get the itch again at some point. Or maybe not. I’m fine either way.

Cool stuff. Collin Provost Made B-Sides, Full House Without Michelle: Potty Training, Chrome Ball Danny Sargent interview, key lime Greek yogurt, RFT Joel Hodgson interview.

Tuesday tuneage. Jethro Tull, Rolling Stones, Tom Petty, Black Sabbath, The Who, Off!, Television, The Cramps.

No comments: