Tuesday, May 13, 2014

may thirteenth

Five for May 13th:

Bottleworks. Impromptu (belated) Mother’s Day dinner yesterday with my mom in tow. Jane hammed it up for everyone in the place as usual. A Monday-night bratwurst burger and Pale Ale were just what the doctor ordered.

Giger RIP. I’ll admit that his work was never really my thing, but there was no denying the guy was one of the most twistedly unique artistic talents this world has ever seen. There will never be another like him, and anyone who tries will be a cheap imitator at best.

Hail damage. Just noticed quite a bit of it on both of our cars. Like I say; it’s always something. Here’s hoping the estimates outweigh the deductibles.

Cool stuff. Tuesday morning wildlife photography, Ramp Riders sesh in the works for tonight, new Janey prints, Haro Freestyler Vans, new run of Black Label Luceros.

Michael Sam. I really hope we no longer live in a world where anyone would still be made to endure in 2014 the same kind of bullshit that Jackie Robinson had to endure in 1947. Unfortunately, if comments-sections are any sort of gauge, I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: