Monday, June 9, 2014

june ninth

Five for June 9th:

My favorite mug on a mug. Who would have thought that two of the things I love the most could be combined in such a phenomenal way? This early father’s day present from Lisa is one of the best gifts I’ve ever received.

Riding that train. Jane is all about trains these days, so in addition to a weekend trip to the Museum of Transportation to see (and ride) them, I built her a train set in the attic so she could get her train fix at home. What can I tell you- I’m a pushover.

Rad spring. Rain notwithstanding; the weather lately has been nothing short of amazing. Yesterday all the way into this morning was refreshingly cool, which meant easy lawn work and some dusk porch-hangouts.

Cool stuff. Wayne’s World on Netflix, Leinenkugel’s Sunset Wheat, insane Tim Knoll BMX video, Jane going down the big slide at the park by herself, bruschetta dogs, Sunday gelato.

Skating rules. Got to JB super early on Saturday for a solo session for a bit. Had the whole place to myself, which is awesome (and rare). The setup I have right now (Black Label Riky Barnes with some new Independent 149s and generic 54’s) is crushing.

No comments: