Tuesday, January 26, 2016

january twenty-sixth

Five for January 26th:

California. Highlights included five days of amazing weather, Pizzanista in Long Beach with Larry, chicken and waffles at Roscoe’s with Aaron and Seth, hanging out with Liane, Star Wars at the Imax, a private Gregg Bissonette drum clinic, and meeting Questlove. Somewhere in there I managed to work about 40 solid hours.

Catching up. A veritable mountain of work to get through at the office, which was expected. Luckily my coworkers did a great job covering for me while I was out, so it’s nowhere near as bad as it could be. Thanks dudes!

The kids. I hadn’t been away for that long since before Jane was born. FaceTime and a consistent stream of videos and photos from Lisa got me through it, but it was way tougher than I thought it would be.

Cool stuff. Marshall messenger bag, fifty-dollar bill from Snark, Elizabeth Warren is Now The Most Likely To Be Bernie Sanders’ VP Choice, Ride On with Ryan Nyquist, The John Buultjens Podcast, getting back on the board, Ken McCray memorial at Firebird tonight, an inside look at Welcome Skateboards.

Tuesday soundtrack. Black Sabbath, John Coltrane, Fugazi, Jimmy Smith, Kyuss, Oblivians, Mastodon, Graveyard.

No comments: