Wednesday, July 27, 2016

july twenty-seventh

Five for July 27th:

Summer vacation. Spent the last five days at Table Rock Lake with the family swimming, eating, hanging out, boating, golf-carting, hitting Silver Dollar City, and hiking around. Jane had the absolute time of her life and it was nice to just have some time to decompress a bit. Thanks again to Lisa’s family for making it happen. Can't wait for summer 2017!

HRC. I will concede this: despite my misgivings when it comes to Hillary Clinton, it's pretty great that my daughter could feasibly spend her next 4-8 developmental years in a country with a female president. I always tell her she can be whatever she wants to be, and if nothing else this will maybe help reinforce that in her. I'd rather not imagine what the flip side of that presidential coin could look like for her.

Brian joins Hell Night. It’s been tough keeping my trap shut about this but one of my best buddies is now singing for another one of my best buddies’ bands, which happens to be one of my favorite bands in STL. Their sweet new jam called “Feed Hate” is live and super rad.

Cool stuff. Getting caught up at work/home, Bill Danforth interview, Erick Winkowski Right Side Up video, Democratic Rules Committee Passes Reform Commission to Cut Superdelegates, Descendenista!, Lee, Pastras, Peterson & Saiz Art Show, breakfast pizza, Remo swag haul.

Wednesday soundtrack. Asteroid, Tankard, Kadavar, Night Viper, Naked Raygun, Sacred Reich, Melvins, The Amazing, Hellhammer, Vista Chino, Tomahawk.

No comments: