Wednesday, August 3, 2016

august third

Five for August 3rd.

Emergen-C. A couple thousand milligrams of Vitamin C should shelter me from the seasonal cold George and Lisa are now enduring. Or at least provide me with a temporary placebo until it hits me like a ton of bricks.

Instagram Stories. Maybe their dumbest, most pointless feature yet. It’s still my favorite and by-far most used app, but more and more I find myself longing for the days of it just being a cool place to look at photos, and not have to be constantly inundated with slogging streaming video, ads, follow suggestions, trends, and now whatever this lame thing is.

Required reading. There is something very wrong with Donald Trump. “A normal politician knows that no matter how much criticism gets under the skin, the thing to do is to smile and wave it off. You don’t have to mean it. You don’t even have to appear to mean it. But it is what you do, if only to avoid compounding the damage. Trump cannot make this simple self-serving calculation. He must attack everyone who opposes him, even after he has defeated them … The most important fact is that he is unable to control his responses to criticism. He must double down every time, even if it means digging himself deeper and deeper into the hole.”

Cool stuff. Nearly every issue of Nintendo Power is now available for free online, voting for good people, Starbucks at the office, cappuccino boba tea, morning drums.

Better late than never. Oh yeah, I guess I should finish this post I started at 8:30 this morning.

No comments: