Monday, August 29, 2016

august twenty-ninth

Five for August 29th:

Crazy from the heat. Went skating for a couple of hours with Andy on Saturday and overdid it a bit- to the tune of battling a pretty severe case of heat exhaustion for most of the rest of the weekend. I don’t usually say this, but I’m definitely ready for the fall.

Colin Kaepernick. He’s righter than you know: the national anthem is a celebration of slavery. To quote a friend, “mic dropped so hard the damn thing is in pieces”.

Back in action. I’m happy for Lisa- she’s starting back up with yoga a couple of mornings a week, and I got her road bike cleaned, oiled and aired up over the weekend. All we need now is a Burley and some decent weather and we can get back to riding some trails with the kids in tow (literally).

Cool stuff. New issue of Thrasher (with free stickers), breakfast pizza at work, fresh pair of contacts, newly-discovered drumless tracks on YouTube, bunch of free samples at Tower Grove Farmer’s Market, mouth is healed, my little cornball.

Things I didn’t do over the weekend that I intended to. Mow and weedwhack the lawn, swim at Maplewood, go see Sloppy Seconds at Fubar.

No comments: