Friday, August 26, 2016

august twenty-sixth

Five for August 26th:

Office helper. Jane came in to work with me for a bit this morning. She met some coworkers, had a slice of lemon poppyseed bread, and played with my Greedo Star Wars figure and the fingerboard bowl. Basically what I do on any given day.

Car woes. Literally the minute I got off the phone with the auto place where I learned I was going to have to drop a grand on car repairs this afternoon, "Trust Your Mechanic" by the Dead Kennedys came on Spotify. If that's not an omen, I don't know what is.

Kids are afraid of Donald Trump. Ahh, just the kind of inspiration I know we’re all looking for in a United States president.

Cool stuff. Popcorn Friday, morning roll in the Dobbs parking lot, homemade burritos, George a year ago today, Ranchito with Tom and Brian, Blockhead Splendid Eye Torture on YouTube.

Weekend action. The good news: no major oral surgeries happening this weekend. The bad news: no real plans either, save for maybe going to see Sloppy Seconds at Fubar on Sunday. Hopefully the weather is good for some park action, skating, and pool-going.

No comments: