Thursday, September 29, 2016

september twenty-ninth

Five for September 29th:

Rock show. Tonight I get onstage and play drums for the first time since early 2014. San Loo on Cherokee, sitting in with the Jag-Wires. Show at 8 pm, we’re probably first or second. Come laugh at me.

National Coffee Day. Every day for me is national coffee day, but for the rest of the world, it’s apparently today. Snagged a free sample bag of some new medium roast at Starbucks on the way in. No arguing with that deal.

Fall weather. It was legitimately cool out this morning, to the tune of a hoodie and some fingerless gloves. I’m usually not a huge fan of summer ending, but this year some autumn-ness is more than welcome.

Cool stuff. Peanut Butter Puffins, all five Nick Halkias Raiders of the Archives videos, Clifton Park with the kids, afternoon White Birch skateboarding session, pink grapefruit Perrier.

Getting a zit at 39. At least these days I can camouflage it with a bunch of stubble.

No comments: