Monday, October 17, 2016

october seventeenth

Five for October 17th:

Weekend highlights. In no particular order: Jane’s first ballet recital plus her final birthday week celebration at the farm, buying/putting up Halloween decorations, swimming at the Y, early Saturday session at JB with Chris and Brian.

Drums. Slowly but surely tweaking the new Alesis to get it just right. It’s pretty close at this point, both in terms of positioning and dialing in the exact right kit. Still getting used to it, but it’s eons above my old one no matter how you slice it.

Shonen Knife. Apparently they played at Firebird last night and I totally missed it. I have no idea how this show was so completely off my radar, but I’m kicking myself.

Cool stuff. Cookies and K-cups at work, new M.O.D.O.K figure, impromptu dinner at Las Palmas, $62 cash spiff, last gasp of summer weather, Retrowave.

Grosso’s Loveletters. New rant and rave is up now, and of course is hilarious and awesome. Gratuitous droppage of F-bombs (as usual) in case you’re working.

No comments: