Friday, October 7, 2016

october seventh

Five for October 7th:

Bike commute. On top of it being a record day for riding in weather-wise, the traffic, construction, and lane-closures surrounding Wash U for the debate on Sunday is maddening for anyone having to drive through it. So long, suckers.

Drums and other noises. Scored a new electronic drum set online yesterday for mega cheap. My old one is officially beaten beyond repair, plus it’s just way too sparse for the amount I use it. The new setup is eight pieces with forty different kit settings. I'll finally have a ride cymbal! Can’t wait.

Burned out. The amount of dead light bulbs around our house is reaching peak level (I think there’s one left working in the entryway chandelier). I don’t know why but I’m probably lazier about changing bulbs than anything else on earth, which is saying something.

Cool stuff. Fall weather returning, Tom Remillard Product Pillage, cracking open the Trooper 666 brew, Haro Ryan Nyquist XX pro model frame interview, popcorn Friday.

Weekend action. Jane’s 4th birthday party (number one), assembling dining room chairs, early morning skate session, mowing the lawn, swimming at the Y.

No comments: