Monday, January 16, 2017

january sixteenth

Five for January 16th:

MLK day. Happy MLK day to those of us not soulless enough to kick off MLK weekend by shitting all over a civil rights icon- which is to say, pretty much everyone except the guy that will be president in six days.

Long weekend. Got an unexpected (OK, maybe partially expected) Friday off due to the ice storm that really ended up not being that big a deal. You shan’t hear me complaining.

NAMM. I’ll be heading out to sunny southern California for another music industry tradeshow on Wednesday. I’ve lost count of how many I’ve been to at this point. This should be a good one- lots of hang-out plans, rooming with a good buddy, cool new goods to show, and flying back before booth breakdown.

Cool stuff. George really starting to learn to talk, Joe Biden awarded the presidential Medal of Freedom, hot-tubbing at the Y, scallops, stickering up the kneesavers, Chris Doyle: Long Story Short, basement freestyle, SLM backpack.

Quote of the day. “My biggest problem in these ACA debates? I don’t know how to explain to you why you should care about other people.” -Lauren Morrill

No comments: