Friday, January 27, 2017

january twenty-seventh

Five for January 27th:

Whole 30. Apparently today is the last official day of our Whole 30 challenge, but for me it’s just the beginning. Undoubtedly one of the best things I’ve ever done, and I have no plans to stop. In my adult life, I don’t recall ever feeling better or having more energy than I have had over the last month just by cutting crap out of my diet. Life changing.

Gratiot School. I assumed demolition was imminent when I saw the fence go up and the trucks rolling in at the old Gratiot school by our house, but I’m happy to report I’m wrong- it’s in the process of being converted to 22 new apartments.

Stay woke. Help us, GOP. You’re our only hope, A Lie by Any Other Name, Trump’s Crony Cabinet May Look Strong, but They Are Scared, Thanks to Trump, the Doomsday Clock Advances Toward Midnight.

Cool stuff. New issue of Thrasher, set up the Lee Ralph again, butternut squash soup, SK8 RAT license plate, Picturebooks’ Zero Fucks Given song debut.

Weekend action. Watching the new Santa Cruz’ Right to Exist DVD, trying to fix a microwave, possible skate/flatland session somewhere, Joan of Dark at Tap Room, trip to the Y, taking Jane to the carousel, whatever else.

No comments: