Thursday, May 18, 2017

may eighteenth

Five for May 18th:

Three out of five. One more ride in to work today before rain moves in. I’m loving riding my bike more than ever these days, and I’m excited to keep it going through the summer and fall as much as possible. 30 miles of pedaling so far this week with 6 more to go.

Backpack. In the market for a new one, as the two I have in rotation (one of which I got for free at a NAMM show in probably 2003) are both in various stages of threadbare decay following years of continuous use. Leaning toward the Element Jaywalker- plenty of space, actual buckle skate straps, rigorous and cheap.

Spring Parade. Jane’s last big school event of the year (and before she starts at her new school) is this afternoon. Bummed I’m going to miss it, but luckily Lisa will be there to document the occasion.

Cool stuff. New Skull Skates coffee mug, driveway PVC slider session, afternoon slappies with Brian, office décor rearranging, Replacements bookmark, garlic stuffed queen olives.

Quote of the day. "Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President." -Theodore Roosevelt

No comments: