Thursday, June 29, 2017

june twenty-ninth

Five for June 29th:

Foiled again. The streets were soaked with rain all morning so I didn’t bother getting my riding stuff together, and of course when I looked outside five minutes before I had to leave, it was pretty much completely dry and totally rideable.

George. He looked like a character straight out of Lord of the Flies last night following an hour or so of digging around in the dirt at the playground.

Quote of the day. "The question I get asked by religious people all the time is, without God, what’s to stop me from raping all I want? And my answer is: I do rape all I want. And the amount I want is zero. And I do murder all I want, and the amount I want is zero. The fact that these people think that if they didn’t have this person watching over them that they would go on killing, raping rampages is the most self-damning thing I can imagine. I don't want to do that. Right now, without any god, I don't want to jump across this table and strangle you. I have no desire to strangle you. I have no desire to flip you over and rape you." - Penn Jillette

Cool stuff. Pick Two at Vernon’s, great neighbors, hitting the ditch with the Schmitt Stix Rip Saw today, Rage at the Badlands on YouTube, coffee to-go, GT Seriously Fun Bangers, Spaceballs at 30.

Long weekend action. Plans for Friday night camping appear to be out the window with storms looming, which is a bummer, but I’m still pretty jazzed for five days off. Hanging out with Greg, swimming, trip to the beach, drumming, skateboarding, BMX riding, enjoying the new couch and watching fireworks from our front porch are all in the high-probability category.

No comments: