Friday, July 21, 2017

july twenty-first

Five for July 21st:

3/5 for the week. The ride home yesterday was good, but more or less put me on my ass for the rest of the night. I’ll pick it up again once the triple-digit temperatures break. I love riding, but I don’t necessarily love it enough to risk a heat stroke.

Pest control. I don’t know if it’s the weather or what, but we’ve had to deal with more insects and mice getting in the house this summer than ever. The bin of traps, bait, and other implements of doom overfloweth.

Skateboarder magazine. Every issue of Skateboarder from ’74-’79, plus some earlier stuff and feature issues, has been archived, scanned, and is online for the world to enjoy.

Cool stuff. Getting paid, morning drums, cantaloupe cup, Iron Maiden Dance of Death on vinyl, George trying out big-boy underwear.

Weekend action. Going to try to pull double duty and catch the Jag-Wires show at Tap Room and the Essential Knots/MCF show at Off Broadway Saturday night. Beyond that, no plans except probably hit the pool and try not to melt.

No comments: